POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ask the engineer : Re: Ask the engineer Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ask the engineer
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jan 2009 10:33:38
Message: <49831dd2$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> One cool thing (literally) is that before an entire car goes on sale it
> must go through similar tests, they essentially stick it in a freezer
> for 6 months at -40 degrees and then check that everything works
> afterwards.  This is part of the reason why cars take several years to
> design and test before they are sold.

LOL! Cool. ;-)

Reminds me of the experiment I saw where they were testing a cow worming
device. Basically it's a lump of special metal, you use a gun to shoot
it down the cow's throat (??!?!!), and it sits inside the cow's stomach,
slowly releasing chemicals which kill digestive parasites. Anyway, to
test it, they basically took a dozen of these things and put them inside
an artificial stomach. That is, a tray full of acid inside an oven at

Let me tell you: it was smelly. :-S