POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: scott
Date: 30 Jan 2009 10:33:29
Message: <49831dc9$1@news.povray.org>
> Are you crazy?? Most of the software I see around me costs £20 - £40. £350
> is seriously expensive!

60 pounds for a pretty complex word processor, spreadsheet and presentation
package seems completely reasonable to me.

290 extra pounds for an email client, desktop publisher and database seems a
bit extreme, but this is aimed at companies, not individuals, so of course
they make the price higher.

The alternative is to charge 100 pounds for the home edition, and 200 for
the professional edition, but I suspect they would make vastly less money
that way.