POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jan 2009 10:12:05
Message: <498318c5$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Funny, we work continuously on 100+ page spec documents for all our
> products in Word, and I don't recall ever having see any corrupted
> ones.  It's not like they are simple, they are full of diagrams, tables,
> photos, embedded CAD drawings, cross-references etc.

This defies belief.

It has been my experience that as soon as you ask Word to do anything
remotely nontrivial, it slows to a crawl, produces gigantic files, and
eventually starts to function eratically (e.g., sections of text being
duplicated, random formatting changes, deleted text "moving" to other
parts of the document, etc.)

Quite how you could produce really *large* documents with it I have no
idea...