POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: scott
Date: 30 Jan 2009 08:10:09
Message: <4982fc31$1@news.povray.org>
> OTOH, M$'s products aren't exactly "cheap", by any stretch of the
> imagination.

I don't think paying 2x-3x the price of a game for your OS and Office suite
is expensive, and I guess most other people don't either.

> I think what most people really object to is paying vast sums of money for
> a product that isn't actually all that good. Let's face if, when you run
> KLogic and it crashes for the 18th time, you think to yourself "oh well,
> it least it didn't cost me anything". If you paid £400 for a piece of
> software and it behaved the same way, you'd be pretty upset.

Agreed, but my Windows or Office doesn't crash 18 times, and I didn't pay
400 pounds for it :-)

However we did pay 10 thousand pounds for some CAD software, and that
crashes occasionally (which is infinitly more often than the OS!).