POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jan 2009 07:55:07
Message: <4982f8ab$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Fortunately, the makers of safety-critical hardware and software are
>> bound by *laws* which prevent them from not fixing bugs just because
>> it's "not profitable".
>
> And as a result their software is orders of magnitudes more expensive.

I'll grand you that.

OTOH, M$'s products aren't exactly "cheap", by any stretch of the
imagination. I think what most people really object to is paying vast
sums of money for a product that isn't actually all that good. Let's
face if, when you run KLogic and it crashes for the 18th time, you think
to yourself "oh well, it least it didn't cost me anything". If you paid
£400 for a piece of software and it behaved the same way, you'd be
pretty upset.