POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Invisible
Date: 30 Jan 2009 07:37:08
Message: <4982f474$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> I think you overestimate how many people MS has working on such things.
>>
>> Uh... they're the largest software corporation on the face of the
>> Earth? (And the richest too.)
>
> But still they cannot hire or steer extra employees onto projects
> without justification.  That's the main point.  It's simply a matter of
> economics - if MS pushed more resources onto fixing every little bug
> they'd run out of money pretty quickly - it's just not feasible when you
> have to pay people to write/debug your code.

Fixing every tiny bug might be infeasible, but you'd think they could at
least fix the huge ones.

Anyway, somebody asked why people hate M$. And I gave an answer: because
M$ does not consider performance or reliability to be "important" enough
to make any attempt to improve them.

Fortunately, the makers of safety-critical hardware and software are
bound by *laws* which prevent them from not fixing bugs just because
it's "not profitable".