POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Grandad : Re: Grandad Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:42:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grandad
From: nemesis
Date: 29 Jan 2009 13:33:02
Message: <4981f65e@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook escreveu:
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>  Yes. He's just too young and so is she.
>
> The too-young argument irritates me.  It's not about age, it's about
> maturity,

Well, I was completely immature when had a child.  It made me mature
quickly...

> Yeah, at least Invisible goes outside.  Me?  Was taken to go shopping by
> people met thru playing D&D/Shadowrun (that game on hiatus for a long
> while now) on the 3rd around 11 pm, a cute church-soliciting girl
> knocked on my door on the 10th and just stood there grinning while I
> tried to figure out a polite way of saying "I have no idea how to
> interact with people let alone cute girls so pls go away kthxbye", I
> checked the mail on the 14th or so around 1 am, took out the trash on
> the 25th, checked the mail again on the 27th, and paid my lot rent on
> the 28th, nervously chatting with the old lady there about the economy
> for a few minutes.  Apart from that I've not left my trailer, let alone
> seen/talked to anybody all month.  (See also:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid )
>
> C'est la vie, eh?

Holy crap!  I'm schizoid!

whatever.  We schizoids seem to deal just well among ourselves, huh? ;)

at least online. :P

My general view about my coworkers and people in general is that they
have their heads too much up their arses to know it any better.  Like
when you send a thoughtful, enthusiastic and even perhaps poetic email
about the Milky Way galaxy -- its hundreds of billions of stars and our
smallness and insignificance in spark contrast -- full of exciting
pictures to several "friends" and parents only to met with inexplicable
silence or one one-liner reply about my "philophy talk"...

I'm sure they have the same opinion about me, though I'm not that
mundane and ignorant.