POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Grandad : Re: Grandad Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grandad
From: St
Date: 29 Jan 2009 13:14:40
Message: <4981f210$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>>  Yes. He's just too young and so is she.
>
> The too-young argument irritates me.  It's not about age, it's about
> maturity, which isn't really tied to age.

   Yep, well you've got me there, you're dead right, it is about maturity,
and the one thing he hasn't got (yet) is maturity, but he sure will grow up
now, eh?

    To be fair to him, he has two jobs and is at college studying to be a
PhysEd teacher. But you know, (and I never knew this), when they are at
school, you get school reports, right? Well, heh, when they are at college,
you *still* get a report! This is at age 19, so the parents still have some
say, eh? So, obviously, not as adult as they think they are. Anyway, he's
doing ok, but flunked quite a few classes from the look of it, and he says
it's because of his 'jobs'. So, what does he do now? Kick the jobs and not
earn money for the baby, and carry on with his education? Or kick the
education and bust a gut working?

 Thankfully, that's his problem and not mine.

>>> (Either that or I'm just jelous because I'll never know what it feels
>>> like to have a girl actually fancy me...)
>>    Ah, shucks mate, when it happens, it will happen. It will hit you like
>> a bolt of lightening. And it *will* happen.
>
> Yeah, at least Invisible goes outside.  Me?  Was taken to go shopping by
> people met thru playing D&D/Shadowrun (that game on hiatus for a long
> while now) on the 3rd around 11 pm, a cute church-soliciting girl knocked
> on my door on the 10th and just stood there grinning while I tried to
> figure out a polite way of saying "I have no idea how to interact with
> people let alone cute girls so pls go away kthxbye", I checked the mail on
> the 14th or so around 1 am, took out the trash on the 25th, checked the
> mail again on the 27th, and paid my lot rent on the 28th, nervously
> chatting with the old lady there about the economy for a few minutes.
> Apart from that I've not left my trailer, let alone seen/talked to anybody
> all month.  (See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid )

     Yeah, well I know exactly how you feel. I'm in exactly the same
position now after losing my wife, my daughter, and my son. After 25 years
of always having someone around me, I now have no-one and living in a
three-bed (suddenly very roomy) house. It is *the* most *weirdest* feeling.

> C'est la vie, eh?

    Yeah, C'est la vie. :/

     ~Steve~