POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 29 Jan 2009 13:08:46
Message: <4981f0ae$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Nicolas Alvarez escreveu:
>>
>> As someone who runs Linux on his desktop... I agree.

I might second this, but I have no idea where KDE and Gnome are going
right now.

> BTW, both latest Gnome and KDE 4 are pure finesse when compared to the
> geeky desktop environments I had to cope with in the old days.  Anyone
> remembers when Gnome used to come with Lispy Sawfish and Xeyes? ;)

Both KDE and Gnome have always (when I've tested them, haven't for a
while now) been awful compared to light, fast, capable and geeky
Afterstep. They are just too Explorer -like with start-bars etc (which
is probably a good thing from a basic user's eye)

> They also hold up quite well when compared to Vista.  Aqua is another
> level, though...

Aqua is the one that OSX uses, right? It's still pretty far narrowed
down to Apple hardware and the short moments I've had with it haven't
been extra pleasant, but it could be good when you get used to it (I
just don't know, the first contacts just haven't been wonderous).

-Aero