POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Grandad : Re: Grandad Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grandad
From: St
Date: 29 Jan 2009 10:10:56
Message: <4981c700@news.povray.org>
news:4981c252@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>
>>     Yeah well, something isn't ringing the happy bells with me. I mean
>> who the hell lets a stranger move into their house and then sleep in the
>> same bed as their daughter when they've ONLY JUST MET!! WHO?!
>>
>>     No one normal, that's for sure. Should be interesting.
>
> Er, yeah, that *does* seem pretty off-the-wall, IMHO...

 Well, to me, it is off-the-wall, I mean, they could be satanists or
something equally sinister for all I know. Ok, that's taking it a touch too
far, I know, but hey...

> I actually remember some dude at school telling me "Hey man, you should
> start smoking. Nobody would ever expect a little yes-boy like you to do
> something like that. It'd make people respect you." As you can see, I
> immediately took up this insightful offer... o_O

   Yeah, well good for you that you didn't. That's peer-pressure for you,
and that was some time ago. It's even worse now with all kinds of
'life-experiences'. Look at the young drinking culture here. They have no
idea what they're doing to themselves. I do.

 it sounds SO much worse
>> than it does for your wife, (at least in my experience, that is).
>
> Heh. Reminds me of that film I saw. Guy and his girl just sitting around
> in the maternity ward, late evening. They're just quietly talking when
> they hear some screaming in the background. And the two of them are
> looking at each other trying not to kill themselves laughing. Eventually
> the guy is, like, "haha... ha... aww, poor lady... man!"

     LOL!  :)

>>> (And at all these events, I remember thinking "what the HELL?? I can't
>>> even get *near* a girl! WTF am I doing so catastrophically wrong?!")
>>
>>       Nothing apart from not getting to know someone better. From what
>> you say above, you DO know some girls, you obviously met these girls at
>> some point and got on ok with them, so maybe you're a bit fussy in what
>> you expect for a girlfriend? I don't know...
>
> I met these three girls and got on VERY BADLY with them. As in, I wanted
> nothing to do with them, and they hated me back. I just wanted to stay the
> hell *away*. (And, given what I've just told you, can you blame me??)

      No, not at all. Yeah, I've met them too - lots. I see them pushing

the time, infants in tow.

>>> So... I'll be fried to a human crisp? O_O
>>
>>       Have you ever looked a girl in the eye for 20/30 seconds?
>> Apparently, if they do the same back, then you're in with half a chance,
>> so go look a few women in the eye.
>
> Hmm. I just saw our accountant walk past in a cute little purple skirt.
> Maybe I should go stalk - uh, follow her...?

 Is she married? Do you get on with her ok? Heck man, for the hell of it,
just ask her if she would like to go out for a drink sometime. Gofrit.