POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Grandad : Re: Grandad Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grandad
From: St
Date: 29 Jan 2009 06:34:59
Message: <49819463$1@news.povray.org>
news:49818cec@news.povray.org...
>>> Oh I don't know, I'm not sure I'd enjoy being woken up every 2 hours.
>>> ;-)
>>
>>     Well, I enjoyed it.

     Well, yeah, it's nice to see your kids being fed when they need it, and
it's nice feeding them too. (Of course, it's not so nice with the changing,
heh).

>>> And in general, being around kids just tends to annoy me. Rapidly.
>>
>>      Maybe because they're not your own. I think it's different when you
>> have your own and they're at that age when you can play-fight, and they
>> *always* win!  :)
>
> Mmm, possibly. Jamie keeps telling me how cool it is. (Then again, Jamie
> has two beautiful little girls with long gold hair and a smiling
> addiction...)

       I totally understand him. He'll think differently when they get older
though.

>>   Not really. It hasn't actually sunk in properly yet for me, but last
>> night, *my* life changed, (yet again). <sigh>
>
> Damn. And to think my problem is that my life *doesn't* change... o_O

   Well, that's down to you my friend. At the end of the day, it's what you
want *out* of life.

>>> (Just as one data point... I'm 28, not 18, and I doubt I'll *ever* be a
>>> "man".)
>>
>>      Well, to be honest, I would agree with that. I'm not really sure
>> what would constitute as a 'man', but I guess getting through life's
>> struggles 'yourself' is a good start.
>
> OK, great. Now I have that God-awful poem by Mr Kipling in my head... >_<

      Lol, what poem?