POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Grandad : Re: Grandad Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:19:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grandad
From: St
Date: 29 Jan 2009 05:57:15
Message: <49818b8b$1@news.povray.org>
news:498187b8@news.povray.org...
>>> Ah, the infinite joys of parenthood: stress, self-doubt, and being
>>> unappreciated. Yay. :-.
>>
>>    Oh, don't get me wrong, it's great when they're pre-teens
>
> Oh I don't know, I'm not sure I'd enjoy being woken up every 2 hours. ;-)

    Well, I enjoyed it.

> ("I slept like a baby last night." "...what, you woke up every 2 hours??")

 Heh, well, I can't ever remember it affecting my work day, so it wasn't
that bad.

> And in general, being around kids just tends to annoy me. Rapidly.

     Maybe because they're not your own. I think it's different when you
have your own and they're at that age when you can play-fight, and they
*always* win!  :)

>> and then all of a sudden they think they're a 'man' when they get to 18.
>> How wrong they are. :/
>
> At this point I'd come up with some speech about how people are different
> and not everyone is like this or something... but then, that's not really
> much help, is it?

  Not really. It hasn't actually sunk in properly yet for me, but last
night, *my* life changed, (yet again). <sigh>

   I've got some serious thinking to do, and quite honestly, I'm done with
thinking.

> (Just as one data point... I'm 28, not 18, and I doubt I'll *ever* be a
> "man".)

     Well, to be honest, I would agree with that. I'm not really sure what
would constitute as a 'man', but I guess getting through life's struggles
'yourself' is a good start.