POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have some SEMs : Re: Have some SEMs Server Time
9 Oct 2024 16:10:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have some SEMs
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jan 2009 04:08:36
Message: <49817214$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Hough wrote:
> Many people upon learning about our symbiotic partners go to great lengths
> to get rid of them, which sometimes does more harm then good. It has been
> proposed that the function of the appendix is/was to serve as a backup
> supply of gut flora when illness flushes them from the rest of the
> intestines.

And then you get these fancy expensive yogurts that contain "bifidus
digestivum" or "L. casi immunitas" which is "clinically proven" to
"improve digestion" or "promote a healthy immune system".

Frankly, I'm surprised these claims are legal. I thought there was a law
against making unsubstantiated "health claims"...