POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Goodbye, Outlook : Goodbye, Outlook Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:18:05 EDT (-0400)
  Goodbye, Outlook
From: Chambers
Date: 29 Jan 2009 00:31:46
Message: <49813f42$1@news.povray.org>
Despite the fact that I really like Outlook, I eventually had to dump
it.  It didn't take up too much memory, but it ran so horribly slow that
it just wasn't usable anymore.

The UI was extremely unresponsive.  If I switched mail folders or
clicked on a different message, I would often wait up to 5 seconds for
the UI to update.

Message downloading was glacial.  It could download approximately one
message every five seconds - and this despite the fact that I'm on a 12
MBit line, and no other programs were running at the time.

I'm aware the Outlook 2007 has had some problems, and I've googled
everything I can think of to find a solution.  Unfortunately, nothing
worked.

So, I'm back to Thunderbird.

--
...Chambers