POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have some SEMs : Re: Have some SEMs Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have some SEMs
From: nemesis
Date: 28 Jan 2009 13:57:15
Message: <4980aa8b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>
>> The microscopic world is about as fascinating as the biggest universe
>> structures and I wonder if in fact they are not the same.  As in, once
>> we devise a sufficiently accurate device for seeing further we realize
>> our universe is just a grain of dust and inside a grain of dust lies a
>> whole universe...
>
> Man, that is so deep... o_O

Ever seen "Men in Black 1" ;)

But truth be told, it's not an original idea and I *think* I had such
view from even before that movie and was delighted by the ending...

> But hey, you aren't the first person to point out that the solar system
> looks conspicuously like the internal structure of an atom. ;-)

The Bohr model gave way to more accurate quantum models.  But still, we
see the solar system and its individual planets this way only because
they look incredibly slow to us.  If time was going incredibly fast, we
would see nothing but a blur and we'd resort to statistical means of
measuring energy to give us a picture of what is going on.