POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Map routing : Re: Map routing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Map routing
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jan 2009 12:26:40
Message: <49809550$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I have a 1 GB flash drive in my pocket. It cost me £2. How much sp
ace do
> you think they have to play with in a satnav device?

I wasn't talking about the size. I was talking about the format.  As in,
how
do you represent the paths of the road, the locations of services, etc et
c,
in such a way that the machine can tell you "make the second left in X
miles".  My machine even tells me if I'm on a 5-lane road and two lanes a
re
exit-only, drawing the picture and telling me to keep to one side or the
other.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"