POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Jan 2009 15:42:56
Message: <497f71d0@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez escreveu:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>> I don't see Linux gaining the end user desktop market in the foreseeable
>> future.
>
> As someone who runs Linux on his desktop... I agree.

This comes as a surprise!  Since when, might I ask?

> I use KDE 3.5. Yesterday I tried GNOME. Today I tried KDE 4.

Tomorrow you'll try recompiling the kernel and installing microsoft
fonts and Office running on wine, right? ;)

I smell a new Linux user temporaly blind by all the geeky
possibilities... :D

> My opinion
> was "I want to go write a desktop environment from scratch NOW! None of the
> current ones is any good!"

Oh, better than recompiling the kernel, I guess.

BTW, both latest Gnome and KDE 4 are pure finesse when compared to the
geeky desktop environments I had to cope with in the old days.  Anyone
remembers when Gnome used to come with Lispy Sawfish and Xeyes? ;)

They also hold up quite well when compared to Vista.  Aqua is another
level, though...