POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most common 3D mesh file format? : Re: The most common 3D mesh file format? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:22:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most common 3D mesh file format?
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Jan 2009 14:02:23
Message: <497f5a3f$1@news.povray.org>
Severi Salminen escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:
>
>> The exporter doesn`t seem ok, then.  But that looks weirdly like a
>> glitch with the normal calculations.  In Blender, you may try to do, in
>> edit mode (tab):
>
> Oh, and the problem is also that how should a face made from 4 vertices
> which DON'T lie on the same plane look like? It is ambiguous.

I saw what you mean.  Then again, I'm used to the quad-only approach as
required by box-modelling with subsurface division so this was quite
never a problem to me.

In my naive view I would expect, though, that Blender would convert the
triangles to lie in the same plane as the parent quads they come from.
It isn't so, however, as seen in the ears and eyebrows...