POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most common 3D mesh file format? : Re: The most common 3D mesh file format? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most common 3D mesh file format?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 27 Jan 2009 13:08:38
Message: <497f4da6@news.povray.org>
> What happened here?

Good question. I wondered the same and that is actually caused by
Blender. ssRay only knows about triangles so I let Blender triangulate
all the quads. And it seems it did poor job... The same problems show in
Blender when I import the exported mesh back. But anyway, it should be
rendered correctly - only the model is a bit broken.

SS