POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jan 2009 12:16:32
Message: <497f4170$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Big deal? I really think MS is just being paranoid and making a lot
> of noise over nothing.

Maybe by making a lot of noise over Linux, they think they can distract
attention from Apple and Sun? :-)

>   IMO they should invest their resources on making better products

The people creating the FUD about Linux aren't the people writing the MS
software. :-)

> You don't get a positive image of yourself by bashing your opponents.
 > You do it by doing
> a good job and offering high-quality products, and letting your products
> speak for you.

I think MS makes good products and many people bash MS, to the point where
there are people around that are just as much anti-MS-fanboys as there are
Apple-fanboys. It's hard to say whether simply having the best product is
sufficient.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"