POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: nemesis
Date: 27 Jan 2009 11:38:04
Message: <497f386c@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
>   Even if 10% of companies used Linux in their servers, how much does
> that mean in the total revenue of Microsoft?
>
>   I would wildly guess that at least 99% of Windows sales revenues come
> from individuals, the remaining 1% from other companies.

Not in Brazil, and I would guess most 3rd world countries and China and
India too.  We can be pretty sure these people are running Windows
desktops, save for a few degenarate nuts like me, but I doubt Microsoft
is making much money off it, at least directly.  They can stop piracy at
an enterprise level, though...