POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : solar system orrery two : Re: solar system orrery two Server Time
11 Jun 2024 08:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: solar system orrery two
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jan 2009 08:15:31
Message: <497f08f3$1@news.povray.org>
"alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message

> if you need elements in POV
> http://home.earthlink.net/~openuniverse/
> code and map links at the bottom

I have the numbers for ascending node and arg. of perihelion, but just
wasn't sure about using them for a real time simulation.

I remember seeing this being worked on long ago, very impressive. I didn't
have MegaPOV on this computer but now have looked at this after a couple
image map changes. Not sure where to tell it to see certain places yet but
maybe it will start to make more sense to me the more I go through it.

My goal was simplicity along with the unreal scaling to see everything at
once, of course it didn't stay as simple as I wanted and I'm easily confused
anyhow. ;^)

Bob