POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Map routing : Map routing Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Map routing
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Jan 2009 04:43:49
Message: <497ed755$1@news.povray.org>
Here's something to stop and think about...

I have a TomTom One. It's a small, hand-held device with a set of road
maps of the whole of the UK stored in flash RAM.

I have no idea what kind of CPU powers this device, but what I can tell
you is this: When I ask it to plot a route, it can seemingly analyst
tens of thousands of roads and quickly find a suitable route. (Typically
takes less than 10 seconds.)

That doesn't *sound* very impressive... until you sit down and try to
think of a way to program such a thing yourself. How would you do that??