POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis? : Re: Game technology Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:49:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game technology
From: scott
Date: 27 Jan 2009 04:43:36
Message: <497ed748@news.povray.org>
> The amusing thing is... artificial intelligence was actually one of my
> final year degree modules! :-P
>
> Sure, if you want me to build a 3-layer feed-forward artificial neural
> network and train it by supervised learning to classify a sense space into
> several categories using a backpropogation algorithm, I can do that. But
> that's not really applicable to programming an intereactive bot to
> nagivate around a map and shoot things.

Perhaps not, but why not just start with a basic map and see what you can
come up with code-wise?  You can probably use Haskell for this and just use
text output if you can't do graphics.  Start with a simple 2D map with
obstacles and a "target", then you can gradually make it more complex and
see how you get on.  Could be quite a fun little project with loads of
possiblities for expansion.