POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Occasionally, sanity does prevail. : Re: Occasionally, sanity does prevail. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Occasionally, sanity does prevail.
From: Invisible
Date: 27 Jan 2009 04:04:20
Message: <497ece14@news.povray.org>
>> One would assume that some sanity is applied while searching it though...
>>
> Never assume.. ;) lol Something similar in the US, but not quite as
> stupid. You have to, "take an active interest in finding work", or
> something like that, which usually means looking through books filled
> with crap that you are either not qualified for, or which pays worse
> than anything on the planet and would give the guy from Dirty Jobs
> serious pause. In other words, jobs that are either not worth your time,
> not viable, or no one in their mind would take. Its like they want any
> excuse possible to declare you, "unwilling to look", so they can stop
> paying out. :p

Yeah, sounds like what I had when I graduated. The caseworker is all
like "ah, I see you have some experience cleaning fridges. We have
*lots* of cleaning jobs."

Apparently her job isn't to help me find meaningful employment. Her job
is to get me off benefits as fast as humanly possible so they can stop
paying me.

At this point, my mum kinda went all HULK-SHASH on her ass. (She does
that sometimes.) And it's true - I didn't spent 6 years (and tens of
thousands of pounds) in higher education so I could wash fridges.

*looks around*

...damn, I fail! :-/