POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Occasionally, sanity does prevail. : Re: Occasionally, sanity does prevail. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Occasionally, sanity does prevail.
From: scott
Date: 27 Jan 2009 03:46:05
Message: <497ec9cd@news.povray.org>
>> Oh well, maybe someone will turn up at the school next week, claiming
>> that his religion states his chest must be visible at all times.  Would
>> certainly have made hot summer days more comfortable at my school :-)
>
> Would you than change religion if you moved to e.g. Finland?

That's the point though, how does the school/court know how serious your
religion is.  How do they tell between someone like me who just says it for
the sake of it to get something their way, or for other people who really
are serious about it?

I'm not saying the boy in the OP is not serious about his religion, but
suppose he wasn't and just wanted to wear his long hair to school to be
cool?  He's managed to get a court to order a school to change its rules
just by mentioning the R word.  Should that be allowed?