POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most common 3D mesh file format? : Re: The most common 3D mesh file format? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most common 3D mesh file format?
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 27 Jan 2009 03:03:27
Message: <497ebfcf$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> use blender, wings3d or something like that and export a few basic
> shapes as obj

Thanks, that was a good idea! I exported and imported the Blender monkey
model (in .obj) and here is the result:

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~sevesalm/ssRay/ShowImage.php?img=27

w00t, it works :D It is slow but looks to render quite properly.
However, my system crashed at 7am for some reason (blinking keyboard
leds - kernel panic, maybe?). Still don't know what was the reason.