POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most common 3D mesh file format? : Re: The most common 3D mesh file format? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most common 3D mesh file format?
From: Mike Hough
Date: 26 Jan 2009 19:26:38
Message: <497e54be$1@news.povray.org>
As clipka said, they usually get triangulated at render time. I have only
written exporters, not renderers, so I don't know how it is actually
handeled by the program after they are imported. However quads imported into
all programs I have tried using OBJ format do not appear to suffer any
texturing problems. This is an advantage in blender because subdivision
surfaces work much better on quads than on triangles.