POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Akai Ito : Re: Akai Ito Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Akai Ito
From: Warp
Date: 26 Jan 2009 12:30:21
Message: <497df32d@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Pfff, that's just promo art.  It's really great!  Plays against a lot of
> mahou shoujo stereotypes for humour (but then, most mahou shoujo anime do,
> to a greater or lesser extent).  I'd think if you can stomach PreCure,
> nothing'd be 'too shoujo'.  ;)

  It seems that they dare to break established formulas and try to make
something a bit different and interesting. For example, the typical
monster-of-the-week formula is mostly avoided, as well as the cliche
pair-of-magical-girls (or, in some case, quintet). They also dare to cross
gender boundaries and have some "magical boys" as well, although only in
secondary roles.

--
                                                          - Warp