POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis? : Re: Crysis? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crysis?
From: Warp
Date: 26 Jan 2009 09:17:32
Message: <497dc5fb@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> - I lose count of how many alien creatures you have to do battle with.

  Really? You lose count quite easily, then.

  Let's see, the non-boss enemies are: The headcrab, the zombie, vortigaunts,
the barnacle, the houndeye, the bullsquid, the alien grunt, the soldier and
the alien controller. That's 9. Plus the bosses.

  In HL2 we have 3 different types of headcrab (regular, fast and poison),
3 different types of zombie (regular, fast and poison), the barnacle, the
antlion, 3 types of combine soldiers (metrocops, combine soldier and
combine elite), turrets, combine gunships and striders. That's about 14,
depending on how you want to count them.

> - Weapons? Again, a pistol, an SMG, a shotgun, a rocket launcher, and
> that's about it. (Oh, and the very cool but mostly useless gravity gun.)

  HL has 14 weapons, HL2 has 11 (plus various fixed weapons here and
there).

--
                                                          - Warp