POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Warp
Date: 25 Jan 2009 17:01:51
Message: <497ce14f@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   I wouldn't want such an object anywhere near me... :P

> "Dragon's Egg" by Robert Forward. Very cool book.

> Always neat to read sci-fi set in exotic locations (like in orbit around a
> neutron star) written by someone who actually understands the physics of it.

  Assuming a neutron star of something like 2 times the mass of the Sun,
with no accretion disc and radio-quiet (ie. it's not a pulsar), would it
be considerably different from orbiting a regular star?

  Of course another question is whether such a "peaceful" neutron star
can form in practice...

--
                                                          - Warp