POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Enya does it again : Re: Enya does it again Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enya does it again
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 25 Jan 2009 15:52:49
Message: <497cd121$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:22:43 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2009 19:20:07 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>I've got the score for it around here with my score for Symphonie
>>Fantastique (both in the same book), but oddly I haven't actually
>>listened to it.  I need to find a good recording of it.
>
> One that I like is the Deutsche Gramophone 429511-2 with Herbert von
> Karajan and the Berlin Philharmoniker. I see you can get a torrent of
> it. My disc has the "Dance of the Sylphs" and "Dance of the Will o' the
> Wisps" as fillers.

Cool, I'll have to see if I can find the disc.  Come to think, I wonder
if I have that one in my collection - Von Karajan is one of my favourite
conductors - I've got him conducting Berlin for the Beethoven Symphonies,
I consider that more or less the definitive recording.  Though Toscanini
with the NBC Symphony Orchestra is a close second.

Jim