POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Jan 2009 14:50:09
Message: <497cc271@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Do believe. Don't believe the *infinity* in your original statement.

Oh. I think that's what the equations imply.

Try it this way: take a pole and push it into the black hole until it comes
out the other side. How much pole do you have to push in before it comes out
the other side? :-)

>>> Although I must confess that the above reasoning indicates that
>>> it's something different than zero, and actually greater than the "expected" EH
>>> radius.
>> I think you're confusing circumference and radius and diameter.
>
> I think I thought about them long enough and did enough sorting-out of confusion
> to not having confused them in the end...

I think you're right and I was confusing what the "it" in "it's something
different from zero" referenced.

> (BTW, wasn't that *Great* A-Tuin?)

There's only one.

--