POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis? : Re: Crysis? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crysis?
From: St
Date: 25 Jan 2009 08:03:40
Message: <497c632c$1@news.povray.org>
news:497c5181$1@news.povray.org...

> The official Crysis website *claims* that anything better than a GeForce
> 6800GT should work - but it that like M$ telling us that Vista will "work"
> with a Pentium III? What do you need for the game to play *properly*?

      Define 'properly'. If you mean with settings 'mostly' turned to
'high', then a 260GT should do it.

      If you mean 'play the game ok', then you can play it with your present
7900GT easily - you'll probably use something like 50/50 low/medium settings
for the best result. My 6600GT plays it fine with mostly low and a few
medium settings.

      You'll love the game! (And then you can play my map, lol!)  :)

      And then of course, if you go a step further and get Warhead, I can
play online with you and we can kill eachother!! <eg>

        ~Steve~ (GaussMaster)