POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation : Re: problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation
From: Warp
Date: 25 Jan 2009 07:46:09
Message: <497c5f11@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I think I got this kinda solved by using this:

> #local rsA=seed(frame_number);
> #local rsB=seed(floor(rand(rsA)*270000));
> #local rsC=seed(floor(rand(rsB)*270000));

> and use rsC as your seed.

  As a side note, technically speaking what you are trying to achieve is
to create a (good) hashing function which takes frame_number as parameter
and returns a value which is as "random" as possible from it.

  Researching high-quality hashing functions from online material might be
one way to go.

--
                                                          - Warp