POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis? : Crysis? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Crysis?
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 25 Jan 2009 06:48:17
Message: <497c5181$1@news.povray.org>
OK, so I've wondered about this before... If I were to install Crysis on
my PC, would I actually be able to play it? Or would my PC melt into a
pile of liquid metal?

Deservedly or not, Crysis has an almost mythical reputation for being
the most extreme test of 3D hardware available on the market. (Aside
from purely synthetic benchmarks, anyway.) Will my feeble old rig cope?

- AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+ (Socket 939)
- 3GB RAM

My current graphics card is an nVidia GeForce 7900GT, but it's dying.
I've just ordered an nVidia GeForce GTX 260, but it hasn't arrived yet.

The official Crysis website *claims* that anything better than a GeForce
6800GT should work - but it that like M$ telling us that Vista will
"work" with a Pentium III? What do you need for the game to play *properly*?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/