POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sudoku : Re: Sudoku Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sudoku
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jan 2009 14:50:44
Message: <497a1f94$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Thinking about it, in fact I think the only requirement for a sudoku
> puzzle to be rational is that it must have only one possible solution.
> As far as I understand, all sudoku puzzles are like that.

I think that while it may be a rule that's the case, it isn't the case that
such is mathematically guaranteed. In other words, I expect that it's not
hard to make a sudoku puzzle with multiple solutions, but people don't make
them like that because that takes the fun out of it?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"