POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: nemesis
Date: 23 Jan 2009 13:49:37
Message: <497a1141@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
>   The victim was not "hanging out" anywhere. There were simply some
> leftover photons there, going out (with asymptotically lessening frequency).
>
>   When the event horizon recedes, these leftover photons will be in a
> less strong gravity field and will thus get a boostup. The photons which
> were almost touching the EH will now be farther away, and will get out
> in less time.

I thought you said, the speed of time is constant.  How can it slow down
or boost up?

If we take it instead that near a humongous gravitational field
spacetime is dilated, then light should have a hard time (bad pun)
getting out of it, either because space expands near it or time slows
down (which is about the same thing given space and time
interchangeability)...