POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Outgunned Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outgunned
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jan 2009 13:38:34
Message: <497a0eaa$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> simple to just drag each vertex to where it should be.

It's still very difficult and time-consuming. On the other hand, how long
does it take to write a decent program? That's difficult and time-consuming
too.

I'm going to have to learn Blender, I think.  H-A:M is just too flakey to be
valuable as a commercial product.

> That is rendered in realtime on the PS3, see any triangles in the car
> models?

That's part of what the whole Phong shading stuff is about, yes, if I have
the right term?  Where you don't shade the entire polygon the same, but
rather weigh each pixel's color based on the colors at the corners of the
triangles and the distance of the pixel from the corners?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"