POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Ocean waves (WIP) : Re: Ocean waves (WIP) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 14:54:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean waves (WIP)
From: Warp
Date: 23 Jan 2009 13:33:39
Message: <497a0d83$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, but I'd like to stick to WMP if it can be helped.

  Purely out of curiosity: Why?

  (I ask this because it makes little sense to me. VLC, like mplayer, is
quite notorious for its extensive and high-quality support for a very
wide variety of video and audio formats, so there's a high probability
that it will play almost anything you throw at it, if it's a video file.
And it's not like it would *replace* WMP. You would have it alongside
it, so you can always *choose* which one to use. Thus I honestly don't
see any logical reason to avoid trying VLC.)