POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jan 2009 13:16:21
Message: <497a0975$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> in a collapsing superstar, maybe this is sufficient to slam two fermions
> together into the same quantum state,

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. It isn't like pushing two magnets
together, where if you just squeeze hard enough, you overcome the
resistance. There's no interaction between the fermions keeping them apart -
rather, there's no pair of paths that both end at the same place that don't
cancel each other out.

It's like waves, I guess. No matter how hard you try, you can't combine
sin(t) and -sin(t) and wind up with a wave. It's not a matter of squeezing
them real hard - they just cancel out.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"