POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jan 2009 13:10:32
Message: <497a0818@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Maybe what we see isn't the "big bang" after all, but the "big crunch"?

My favorite personal random idea is ... what if we really *are* at the
center of the universe, and everything really *is* moving away from *us*?

What if we happen to be near the very peak of a big curve of space-time, and
everything else is rolling faster and faster down the big hill away from us,
while we're perched at the top?

> (Okay, I'm back entirely in BS mode again now, too :))

I saw a great line:  "Of *course* God put the Earth in the center of the
universe. That's why all the stars shine *towards us*!"

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"