POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: nemesis
Date: 23 Jan 2009 11:23:39
Message: <4979ef0b@news.povray.org>
clipka escreveu:
> Which leads me to believe that in fact, the very moment you reach the EH of a
> black hole you just simply evaporate.
>
> Which, again, leads me to believe that there is actually no mass at all *inside*
> a black hole: All that makes up the gravity well is the stuff busy falling into
> it. From an outside observer unable to ever reach the EH - except due to
> quantum fluctuations. Which will cause them to reach it at last and instantly
> evaporate.
>

> Duh. That's sounds simple enough to actually be true!
>

> Now *why* would you evaporate if you reached the EH? Maybe because you would zip
> off straight towards the singularity because all those evil vectors head straigt
> there - but you can't stay there because, after all, it's a singularity, a "mu"
> location where nothing can be - not even you, although it looks like you just
> fell into there. But then again, *are* you really where you seem to be?

Well, if we can believe that matter and energy began out of nothing with
a Big Bang, why not believe it can suddenly come out of existence with
all but silence and darkness? :P

> Enter QM: If you *can't* be there where you most likely *are*, then you must be
> someplace where it's quite *unlikely* (though not perfectly impossible) that
> you're there... like, say, not in the grasp of That Nasty Big Black Hole after
> all... like, say, Hawaii... Alas! If only you hadn't opted for that job as a
> space cadet... But... hey, did you, after all? It's a bit unlikely that you
> did, given the fact that it made you end up somewhere you cannot possibly be...
> so maybe you stayed home after all - or at least one of your electrons did...
> Whoops! Off here goes one of your elementary particles... Or you could have
> died in that explosion at Tau Alpha Ceti 6, and be part of that fascinating
> dust cloud out there... Whoops! Here goes another one...

Perhaps only Phil Connor would know. :P

> Hey, I like this idea...
>

> Boys, I don't want to brag, but could it be that I'm just hatching an important
> idea here...?? It looks to me like things are falling into place this way:

hehe, are you sure you're not a mere crackpot? ;)

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

> - It would explain what the singularity in the GR equations actually means: A
> "forbidden point" in spacetime. A place that is not. GR being unable to give
> proper results for this point because the only proper result is "mu". In fact,
> it would mean that giving nonsense results for such a point would actually be a
> *prerequisite* for a good theory, unless you're using it for Zen archery target
> practice. Fascinating!

Perhaps we get to know a universe in one single dimension?  "Hey, Phil,
long time no see!  Somewhat overcrowded here, huh?"  well, except time
wouldn't exist and so everything would be at the same time (damn word!). :P

Perhaps everything at the same time is nothing but a blur, a nothing.
And this is my daily contribution of BS... :P

> - It would explain the fermion paradoxon: If there's no fermion at the
> singularity in the first place, there's no need to worry about a second fermion
> trying to occupy the same spot.

Yes.

>>   I don't think that's possible. When he is exactly at the EH, the entire
>> EH engulfs the entire view on all sides. He doesn't see anything else
>> than the EH. What he "sees" inside... I don't know.
>
> "Mu" again.
>
> As I pointed out previously, I see the EH as being identical to the singularity
> - a single point in spacetime blown up to macroscopic dimensions.
>
> Actually, stating that the singularity is something which is not, this also
> means that the EH is something which is not. Spacetime ends an infinitesimal
> distance away from it. You can't reach it - being there is impossible, and
> impossible is less likely than the infinitesimally small probability of not
> having steered too close to the black hole in the first place.

Now that it's being considered that our universe could be a hologram,
perhaps it's nothing but the slot to the credit card machine?  Freedom
at last! :P

Well, I think we got into some wild scifi scenarios here and I'll be
munching all of it away for quite a few time... :D