POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible bug in cutaway_textures in beta30 : Possible bug in cutaway_textures in beta30 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Possible bug in cutaway_textures in beta30
From: Rarius
Date: 23 Jan 2009 09:46:29
Message: <4979d845@news.povray.org>
THIMC,

If I run the attached POV file I get the following error.

    Fatal error in renderer: Out of memory.
    Render failed

If I comment out the cutaway_textures, or change the plane from y to -y
it works fine. I suspect a bug in the cutaway_textures code.

I have just tried it again after changing line 77 to read "  #local
rx=rx+10;" and it now works... In fact any step value over 5.715
works, but anything less fails, but only with cutaway_textures!

It fails consistantly in both Version 3.7.0.beta.30.msvc8-sse2.win32 and
in Version 3.7.0.beta.30.msvc8.win32, but works fine in Version
3.6.1.icl8.win32

If you want any other info, just ask.

Rarius

Post a reply to this message