POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spicy (hot) foods : Re: Spicy (hot) foods Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spicy (hot) foods
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 23 Jan 2009 08:29:26
Message: <4979c636$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Hough wrote:
> A hispanic friend told me a long time ago that the secret to eating spicy
> food was salt. He was telling me that his family would put salt on a hot
> pepper and just eat it. Don't know for sure but I does seem like eating
> something salty takes the edge off.

Sometimes when I use ginger in cooking I'll take a few slices of what is
left over for myself :)

I'm one of those who is practically immune to hot, now. I get strange
looks when I order Thai food as hot as they can make it. Those little
Thai peppers they use are quite tasty. One waitress noticed the pepper
in my soup, and recommended I avoid it. She came back later and the
pepper was gone.

Did you eat that?

Yes ...

Her eyes got really wide.