POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spicy (hot) foods : Re: Spicy (hot) foods Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spicy (hot) foods
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Jan 2009 01:05:19
Message: <49795e1f@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:03:46 -0500, Mike Hough wrote:

> A hispanic friend told me a long time ago that the secret to eating
> spicy food was salt. He was telling me that his family would put salt on
> a hot pepper and just eat it. Don't know for sure but I does seem like
> eating something salty takes the edge off.

I don't know about salt to deal with the heat - I'll have to try that one
myself. :-)

> Supposedly the addiction to spicy food is due to the endorphins that are
> released in response to the burning sensation.

Yes, I've heard that as well, and as a fan of spicy foods, I would
probably agree most days. :-)

> I must admit that I feel
> pretty good after eating a spicy meal. Speaking of ginger, if you have
> ever eaten the root raw you would definitely call it "hot".

I have had it raw (love it that way, too - we've got a huge one in the
freezer that we use for cooking).  I wouldn't call it "hot", though, but
"potent".

Jim