POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Outgunned Server Time
9 Oct 2024 22:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outgunned
From: St
Date: 22 Jan 2009 19:44:29
Message: <497912ed$1@news.povray.org>
news:4978c85b$1@news.povray.org...
> St. wrote:
>>    It's almost like you 'expect' an app. to do something magical for you
>> so you don't have to do the hard work.
>
> That's not unusual with really smart people. They're so used to everything
> being quick and easy that when they hit something that's of normal
> difficulty, it seems overwhelming.

     I think Andrew is 'too' smart, his brain is racing, trying *too many*
things at once, and *expecting* an answer from *terrible* code/apps/etc.
It's all supposed to be there, because, well, it's the year 2009, and it
*should* be there.

   (Sorry Andrew, hate speaking from the third-person perspective, but it's
just my opinion).

>>     Well, I can't comment on those games and engines as I've never
>> played/used them, but you have Farcry, so just load up Sandbox 1 (it's on
>> the disc) and you'll see what I mean when I said I didn't think I could
>> do it.
>
> And stay away from Thief's level editor.

    Haha, I played the demo of some version of Thief a few years ago. I
thought it was really VERY good! Loved the hiding in shadows and the
lock-picking in corridors. :)

   I would love to see the level editor for it though. I wonder how it
differs from what I've used?

     ~Steve~