POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spicy (hot) foods : Re: Spicy (hot) foods Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spicy (hot) foods
From: Mike Hough
Date: 22 Jan 2009 19:03:36
Message: <49790958$1@news.povray.org>
A hispanic friend told me a long time ago that the secret to eating spicy
food was salt. He was telling me that his family would put salt on a hot
pepper and just eat it. Don't know for sure but I does seem like eating
something salty takes the edge off.

Supposedly the addiction to spicy food is due to the endorphins that are
released in response to the burning sensation. I must admit that I feel
pretty good after eating a spicy meal. Speaking of ginger, if you have ever
eaten the root raw you would definitely call it "hot".