POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Beaten Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beaten
From: Darren New
Date: 22 Jan 2009 17:50:42
Message: <4978f842$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I still don't have any clue how you pick colours that will look nice
> together. Even something as basic as that.

You can go all the way through to graduate degrees in a field called
"graphic design", which addresses this sort of thing.

http://www.allgraphicdesign.com/howtochoosecolors.html

Googling with "graphic design" in the title (such as
   nice colors "graphics design"
) can get you links to tutorials on doing this sort of thing.

> Obviously I'm never going to beat somebody with a qualification in
> graphic design. But many of the designs I've seen today leave me starkly
> wondering how this is even technically *possible*...

I'm still more boggled at things like dragging boxes around from one side of
the other.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"