POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Spicy (hot) foods : Re: Spicy (hot) foods Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spicy (hot) foods
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jan 2009 17:05:44
Message: <4978edb8$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:14:30 -0500, Jeremy \"UncleHoot\" Praay wrote:

> There's got to be something more to it.

It helps, I find, to build up to the spicy stuff.  I love spicy food, but
not just "spicy-hot" but "spicy-deep".

For example, I don't think anyone would say that overdoing ginger and
garlic in a curry would make it "hot", but it sure adds to the flavour.

But if you don't regularly have spicy-hot food, you don't build up the
resistance to the capsaicin in it.  Even if you do, though, it's possible
that you just can't build up sufficient resistance to it.

Dairy products are an effective counter to the burning sensation - water-
based products don't help generally because the compound isn't water-
soluble.

Jim